Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I WAS A SUNNY RAINPHASE


two and a half days ago martin from stereolab was telling me about his favorite yankee candles, 'eye of the volcano' and 'john cage bubblegum' and how they inspired him so much he decided to write songs about them. he really feels that yankee candles make an important contribution to society and it is one that sees no color, gender, or sexual orientation. it is one that hears no music prejudice - it loves kelly clarkson, it loves frank sinatra, it loves ulrich schnauss. the candle that is yankee loves books, loves films, loves 'harold and kumar go to white castle'. the candle that is yankee loves you.

yankee candle that goes best with indie cred: dinosaur juniper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does the Yankee Candle Dinosaur Juniper smell more like an old reptile, or a gin fizz?

frandy38 said...

I didn't think that Stereolab and Yankee Candles would have such affinity. Thanks for putting the check on my indie-snob tendencies. I try so hard to avoid hipster cliches and treat every new day like the gift that it is. Slowly I'm beginning to see that scented wax is truly a force for universal love.